Posted to rec.food.cooking
DS655932 DS655932 is offline

Default Cooking: Dungeness Crab - fresh in season - live vs supermarket cooked

TO BE HONEST WITH ALL OF YOU, IT SEEMS THAT NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW TO COOK
CRAB, ESP DUNGEES...LOL

I catch them all day here in washington state. 1st think you do when
you are clean them is to rid it of its shell, GUTS, and lungs. When you
talk about boiling a crab live, that means you are cooking all the guts
and lungs...lol

Lets see, show of hands who cooks their fish with the guts in it? And
the fish bought store crab is alreaye precook with the guts too and
believe me, I wouldnt touch that ....! lol

Plus, when you pay for c4rab at the store, you're paying for
everything, so you are actually getting ripped off, plus all the water
in a crab. Boy, a pound of crab cost you 7 bucks, but you are only
getting abour 2 dollars worth

here is a suggestion. Buy only legs of a crab, and if you do infact
buy a whole crab that is still alive, crack the midle part of the bottom
of the crab until it splits, then take both legs and fold then. this
will seperate the crab body parts which are good to eat, and todd away
all the guts and stuff. The boil in salt water for 11 minutes. You'll
never buy a store crab again!

--
DS655932
Message origin: TRAVEL.com