Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Toasted cheese bread

I picked up a loaf of pane toscano bread at the deli the other day,
along with some thin sliced ham and baby swiss. For me, the toscano was
a bit rustic for a sandwich for me, but it is still good with the ham
and swiss, mayo and lettuce.

I decided to try something else with it since it's a huge loaf of sliced
bread. I lightly buttered a slice, added garlic and onion powder along
with oregano and fresh cracked black pepper. I laid onto that some torn
slices of provolone cheese but leaving some of the bread exposed.
Toasted in a toaster oven, and when the provolone started to almost turn
brown, took it out and then drizzled a little bit of olive oil in
between the cheese so it'd soak into the bread.

This is a do-over. Maybe I'll experiment with fresh basil instead of
dried oregano.