Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_5_] Kent[_5_] is offline

Default Smoking Salmon in a WSM

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 15 May 2011 22:37:22 +0000 (UTC), Heavy_Smoker wrote:
>>
>>> Kent said

>>> You think to much of me. I'm just trying to smoke some salmon. ;-)

>> No, no, no. It's just Kent. Any time the subject of smoking fish
>> comes up Kent is there to confuse matters.
>>
>> You want to hot smoke fish.

> I want to cold smoke fish.

This page from Wikipedia pretty much explains what we've been talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_salmon Basically cold smoked salmon is
gravlax smoked at a very very low temp.

If you can find good fresh salmon, it's very easy to make your own gravlax.
You don't have to smoke it. It tastes great without the smoke.

Kent