Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default Smoking Salmon in a WSM

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Pico Rico" > wrote:

>> > No, no, no. It's just Kent. Any time the subject of smoking fish
>> > comes up Kent is there to confuse matters.
>> >
>> > You want to hot smoke fish.

>> I want to cold smoke fish.

> Only if you want fish jerky.
> For once, I have to agree with Steve.
>
> Fish is best smoked hot and fast.

I have had cold smoked fish which is quite tender, and hot smoked fish which
is more like jerky. I guess it depends on how well you do either. I think
the delicious photos by Sqwertz may have me thinking more about specific
techniques, rather than painting either hot or cold with a broad brush.