Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Charly Horse Charly Horse is offline

Default The Scoville Heat Scale - peppers

Gz > wrote in news:35b02428-ffc3-447d-b92d-8ca303363fa3
@y26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> On Apr 12, 4:25*pm, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:
>> If you enjoy hot peppers, like me, but don't want to
>> burn up your mouth and insides, this site might be
>> of interest to you.
>>
>> It lists numerous peppers along with the Scoville Heat
>> scale.
>>
>> Bob-tx

> ???
>
> I also like em sweet, but I chew on habaneros. Funny thing, I get the
> taste of the pepper, before the sting.
> Most from the store tend to be sour, and not really good. The good
> ones you can taste and smell right away.
> I got some ghost seeds growing downstairs.
> Greg

"THEY" may need to start a new labeling scheme on jalapenos some fool
decided they need the heat bred out of them and the big ones I'm getting
lately are just as sweet as bells if you avoid the seeds and ribs as you
would with bells.