Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default I made lemon bars

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 14:26:26 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> You are right. Here, it may be found in the baking area or the
>> tea area. It can be hard to find.

> Thanks, Jean... I'll look/ask for it and see if I can turn any up. I
> won't be on a mi

You should succeed, I think.

>> BTW, I don't like the lime as
>> much. (It seems sweet to me.) And haven't really assessed the
>> orange.

> Aha, thanks! I was wondering how good the other flavors were. I'll
> stick with lemon, if/when I find it.
>
>> Actually, when I am smart, I will carry some packets with
>> me, so if something is too sweet for me, I can sprinkle some True
>> Lemon on it. I sound like an ad, but I have been using this
>> product pretty much since it came out. Last use was last
>> night.... I was making some muffins and didn't want to put glaze
>> on top, so I boosted the zest and juice with some packets of True
>> Lemon.

> I want to make lemon poppy seed muffins again. The last time was
> *very* good, but it sounds like they'd be even better if I can find
> some True Lemon to add.

The BEST such muffins I ever had were made by my then very young
daughter and her stepmother. I have tried to replicate them many
times. They were supposed to be a Williams-Sonoma recipe, but I
obviously haven't found the right one--or they had been tinkered with.

I won't offer MY recipe because it was not stellar. I am trying
to make more healthful muffins, so perhaps I need say no more. I
have used some of these recipe in the past, but now they are not
coming out right. Is it my new oven? The BP? My switch to
more-healthful brands?

--
Jean B.