Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_3_] Nancy Young[_3_] is offline

Default I made lemon bars

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote:

>> I'll probably use less next time. Also, I forgot that I have lemon
>> extract, that might find its way in somehow. Thanks.

> I'm not sure of the difference between lemon extract and pure lemon
> oil, but if you can find the latter (Boyajian is one maker), it is
> REALLY AWESOME. It's a good sub or addition to zest. I made some
> sugar cookies once with it and some zest that were to. drool. for.
> You can get it in 1 oz bottles - it's something you don't need a lot
> of.

That would be right up my alley. If I make something lemon, I want it
to be *really* lemony. I'm not subtle like that.

> (Seriously, I can take or leave chocolate, but I will generally go
> for the lemon dessert if offered.)

It's so refreshing. Not saying I don't love a good chocolate dessert,
too.

> My current favorite recipe should be floating around the interwebs.
> Google "Bakesale Betty's" lemon bars (which are actually based on a
> recipe by Alice Medrich). When I plant my Meyer lemon tree, I hope
> to join Serene as one of BSB's suppliers .

I will google it. I just picked up some lemons and saw that the
Meyer lemons they have remaining look a little peaked, so next
time I make lemon bars, it will be with actual lemons.

nancy