Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default I made lemon bars

sf wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:10:00 -0400, "Jean B." wrote:

sf wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:12:27 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

I really did, they are even better than I expected. What took me
so long.
It's hard to find a lemon bar recipe you like, at least it is for me.
Congratulations!

Why? My problem is that I like things on the tart side. If I
ever make them again, I'd throw in some True Lemon.

Why what? I like mine on the tart side too, that's why I said
congratulations. I haven't found one that I like yet and I'm not
going to use anything that I didn't squeeze out of a lemon. If I'm
going to do that, I might as well stick with commercial lemon bars.

Take a look at True Lemon, even if you don't buy it. It is very
useful, IMO, because you get the natural lemon flavor when you
can't add more liquid. (Sure, I'd use lemon juice first.)

--
Jean B.