Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Pecan pie

Dave Smith wrote:

> That reminds me... when I was a kid we always had Lyle's golden Syrup on
> hand. It was great on toast and my mother used it when making butter
> tarts. I haven't noticed it in stores for a while, though I have to
> admit that I haven't been looking for it.

In the UK it's a standard product available everywhere. In the US it's
a specialty product sometimes only available at import shops. On
occasion I have seen it in regular groceries.

I haven't shopped regularly in Canadian groceries in several decades but
they seemed to go through phases of more UK products then more US
products.