Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default What can you do with egg yolks?

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> You can make pasta dough using all-purpose flour and egg yolks. What
> you'll get is an incredibly rich pasta suitable for matching with a >
> strongly-flavored ragout.

Or just butter and cheese, even better.

though I'd think you could make chitarra-cut noodles or > orechiette just
fine.

Orecchiette are made with flour and hot water, no egg. Many of the pastas
of the far south are made like that, and hand rolled between the palms
noodle shapes are very often hot water pasta, but the names are different
from town to town, let alone from region to region.