Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Lasanga!

That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help. I
used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
dish somewhat watery.

I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for poultry.
It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just enough
for two meals and this time I succeeded!

I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package but
only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit. I
could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
before.

I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
noodles. Then a layer of cheese.

I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To this
I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.

After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three small
ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.

More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.

The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as much
sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.

Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.

Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
including the veggies.

Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese. Heh.
That would be kind of hard to do!