Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Lasanga!

That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help. I
used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
dish somewhat watery.

I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for poultry.
It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just enough
for two meals and this time I succeeded!

I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package but
only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit. I
could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
before.

I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
noodles. Then a layer of cheese.

I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To this
I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.

After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three small
ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.

More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.

The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as much
sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.

Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.

Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
including the veggies.

Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese. Heh.
That would be kind of hard to do!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 3/22/2011 8:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
> really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help. I
> used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
> dish somewhat watery.
>
> I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for poultry.
> It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just enough
> for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>
> I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package but
> only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit. I
> could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
> before.
>
> I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
> noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>
> I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To this
> I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
> shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
> standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
> powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
> sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
> and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>
> After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three small
> ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
> All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>
> More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>
> The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as much
> sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>
> Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
> sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>
> Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
> flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
> including the veggies.
>
> Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese. Heh.
> That would be kind of hard to do!

any leftovers???

i'll be right over!

lol

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 3/22/2011 8:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
>> really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help.
>> used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
>> dish somewhat watery.
>>
>> I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for
>> poultry.
>> It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just
>> enough
>> for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>>
>> I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package
>> but
>> only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit.
>> could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
>> before.
>>
>> I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
>> noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>>
>> I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To
>> this
>> I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
>> shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
>> standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
>> powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
>> sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
>> and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>>
>> After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three
>> small
>> ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained
>> well.
>> All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>>
>> More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>>
>> The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as
>> much
>> sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>>
>> Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a
>> good
>> sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>>
>> Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
>> flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
>> including the veggies.
>>
>> Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese.
>> Heh.
>> That would be kind of hard to do!
>>

> any leftovers???
>
> i'll be right over!
>
> lol
>
> kate

Nope. I intentionally planned only four servings and unlike all the other
times where that didn't pan out, it did this time.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:47:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
>really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help. I
>used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
>dish somewhat watery.
>
>I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for poultry.
>It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just enough
>for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>
>I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package but
>only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit. I
>could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
>before.
>
>I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
>noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>
>I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To this
>I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
>shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
>standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
>powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
>sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
>and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>
>After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three small
>ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
>All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>
>More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>
>The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as much
>sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>
>Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
>sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>
>Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
>flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
>including the veggies.
>
>Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese. Heh.
>That would be kind of hard to do!

Actually it isn't. I have made it with soft tofu in place of ricotta
cheese. Worked out well!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:47:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
>>really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help.
>>used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
>>dish somewhat watery.
>>
>>I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for
>>poultry.
>>It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just
>>enough
>>for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>>
>>I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package
>>but
>>only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit.
>>could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
>>before.
>>
>>I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
>>noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>>
>>I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To
>>this
>>I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
>>shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
>>standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
>>powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
>>sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
>>and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>>
>>After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three
>>small
>>ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
>>All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>>
>>More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>>
>>The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as
>>much
>>sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>>
>>Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
>>sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>>
>>Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
>>flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
>>including the veggies.
>>
>>Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese.
>>Heh.
>>That would be kind of hard to do!

> Actually it isn't. I have made it with soft tofu in place of ricotta
> cheese. Worked out well!

I figured someone would say that. But we can't eat tofu.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:51:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:47:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on Sunday and we
>>>really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help.
>>>used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the finished
>>>dish somewhat watery.
>>>
>>>I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for
>>>poultry.
>>>It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just
>>>enough
>>>for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>>>
>>>I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package
>>>but
>>>only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit.
>>>could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done that
>>>before.
>>>
>>>I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
>>>noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>>>
>>>I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To
>>>this
>>>I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
>>>shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
>>>standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not the
>>>powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
>>>sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt, pepper
>>>and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>>>
>>>After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three
>>>small
>>>ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained well.
>>>All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>>>
>>>More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>>>
>>>The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as
>>>much
>>>sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>>>
>>>Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a good
>>>sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>>>
>>>Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
>>>flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
>>>including the veggies.
>>>
>>>Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese.
>>>Heh.
>>>That would be kind of hard to do!

>> Actually it isn't. I have made it with soft tofu in place of ricotta
>> cheese. Worked out well!

>I figured someone would say that. But we can't eat tofu.

Why? It is just beans.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:51:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:47:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Actually it isn't. I have made it with soft tofu in place of ricotta
>>> cheese. Worked out well!

>>I figured someone would say that. But we can't eat tofu.

> Why? It is just beans.

Soy beans. Soy causes me to have a thyroid problem. And Angela outgrew a
soy allergy so must limit it.

Member

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
[...]

Hi,,,
You can try plenty of good lasanga dishes too like
Ulitmate Lasanga
Simple Lasanga
Pasty's Lasanga
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"ChristopherNola" > wrote in
message ...

> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1595631']That's what we're having for dinner tonight. I made it on
>> Sunday and we
>> really didn't like it but we were both sick. I'm sure that didn't help.
>> used an unfamiliar sauce that wasn't my favorite and it left the
>> finished
>> dish somewhat watery.
>>
>> I didn't use an actual recipe. I used a foil pan that is meant for
>> poultry.
>> It was not as long as the pasta but it was deep. I only wanted just
>> enough
>> for two meals and this time I succeeded!
>>
>> I cooked some rice pasta lasagna noodles. I did cook the whole package
>> but
>> only used part of 6 noodles. I used kitchen shears to trim them to fit.
>> could have just folded the ends over, alternating them. I have done
>> that
>> before.
>>
>> I put down a layer of the sauce (Mom's from Costco), then three trimmed
>>
>> noodles. Then a layer of cheese.
>>
>> I started with a small container of Ricotta. Used the whole thing. To
>> this
>> I added about 1/2 cup of 2% small curd cottage cheese and a package of
>> shredded mozzarella. Not sure how many ounces. It was Sargento. The
>> standard size. Added a little grated parmesan. The real stuff. Not
>> the
>> powdery kind. Also a package of spinach (not the large bag) that I had
>>
>> sautéed and drained. I then chopped it fine. Seasoned with salt,
>> pepper
>> and plenty of parsley. No egg was added to this.
>>
>> After the layer of cheese, I added a layer of zucchini. I used three
>> small
>> ones cut in about 1/4" slices then sautéed until browned and drained
>> well.
>> All veggies were sautéed in a small amount of olive oil.
>>
>> More cheese went on top of this, then more sauce.
>>
>> The top is another layer of pasta and more sauce. Didn't quite have as
>> much
>> sauce as I would have liked. Then a good layer of more mozzarella.
>>
>> Baked for a half an hour uncovered for 30 minutes, then topped with a
>> good
>> sprinkle of more parmesan and let sit for 15 minutes.
>>
>> Tonight after sitting in the fridge for a few days it really melded the
>>
>> flavors. It was less watery and very good! Angela ate all of hers,
>> including the veggies.
>>
>> Now I just wish I could think of a way to make lasagna without cheese.
>> Heh.
>> That would be kind of hard to do!

> Hi,,,
> You can try plenty of good lasanga dishes too like
> Ulitmate Lasanga
> Simple Lasanga
> Pasty's Lasanga

What is that supposed to mean?