Posted to rec.food.baking
Mr. Bill[_2_] Mr. Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Adjustment for baking two loaves of bread?

On Mar 16, 9:59*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 6:42*pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:

> > Generally, if the loaves are about the same size, you should have no
> > problem. You can use the old fashioned "thump the bottom" method of
> > testing for doneness or use a probe thermometer.

> > Try it and keep an eye on things. Report back you results.

> I just eyeballed them thru the window and removed when they were
> 'done'. *They turned out fine.

My grandma used the "tap" method. When the loaf looks done, remove
from oven, remove from pan and tap on bottom. It should sound
hollow. Did that myself for years until I learned that an instant
read thermometer reading 190F is a "done" loaf.

Happy Baking!