Space Cowboy

Default Brown Betty

My AW BB is the biggest brutish most massive teapot I have. If I was
going to break it I'd use a sledgehammer. Porcelain is denser and
heavier and in this case you would need a fork lift if it wasn't clay
because of surface volume and thickness. I have a Chinese teapot
about the same proportions which is clay and they weigh about the
same. At some point in the process there is a law of deminishing
returns for porcelain price versus clay size. It's been awhile but I
think my huge (10 cup?) BB was $25 a couple of years ago. If it was
porcelain it would be much more expensive. You're simply not going to
find a porcelain teapot that big from anyone that cheap. If it
doesn't have the makers trademark send it back. You can find other
knockoffs probably cheaper although not Biggie Sized which I think is
the characteristic signature of a BB. It belongs on a breakfast
table. English teapots never come with infusers. You always use a
strainer. All leaves are emptied through the spout. I spent years
verifying that English tidbit. Since there is nothing new under the
sun someone else could have told you that but they prefer to remain
part of the anonymous masses who drink tea so I beat them too it.

Jim