Dog Ma 1

Default Brown Betty

> Interestingly, there's no AW marking. The Blue Moon web site says that
> they're porcelain, and the cardboard box has AW promo writing on it. But

now
> I'm wondering...

Latest: AW apparently changed mould designs more or less at random. Importer
says that name-stamping, presence/absence of a built-in strainer, etc. were
randomly variable.

Colour of the glaze backed by porcelain isn't quite as rich, to my eye, as
with the old red clay. I must say, though, that the finish quality of these
end-of-the-line brown teapots is as perfect as any commercial ware I've ever
seen. And the porcelain weighs about half as much, not a trivial point on
the 10-cup pot. I might just pick up a couple more for future gift needs.

-DM