Dog Ma 1

Default Brown Betty

Been looking for a nice BB for years. Found a couple exactly matching my
wants in the UK, but they weren't for sale. Been using one formerly owned by
a late uncle, must be nearly a century old, chipped and well-mired with
tannins. That was fine for me, but I needed a bigger one for parties.

Just ordered an Arthur Wood via the web (from Blue Moon). The pot came
quickly, and is well-formed with the proper glaze. But the base clay is not
red stoneware - it seems to be porcelain. Hardly the authentic item, thinks
I - anyone know more about this?

Thanks-

DM