Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
Help!
My Mom passed away 3 years ago and I haven't had a good gravy since.My
sister trys,but her gravy is like glue and is bitter to the point I
can't even eat it.
I told her to give up!
Wish we had a good old cook book from Naples to help her.
She can read! LOL!
Thanks-
Tony

What kind of gravy do you want? Gravy of all kinds is easy to make and I've
never had bitter gravy.
I'm guessing sister makes the roux variety and burns the flour or starts the Napoli style gravy with garlic and burns that. I detect something burned when I hear bitter gravy.
I can't think of any gravy that is a major trick to make.

Give us a synopsis of what mom's gravy tasted like. This could be fun.