Warren C. Liebold

Default Tea and Dining out

"seby1689" > wrote

> I can't exactly bring my mesh ball with loose leaves and tell the
> server to bour boiling water over it. I am pretty sure that they'd
> give me a weird look and tell me they couldn't do that for me.

Just another voice saying, "Yes you can."

The worst that will happen is that you'll end up paying for the hot water
and if you have to do that, remember that most of the cost of a cup of tea
at an eatery of any kind is labor and overhead. The tea bag, even if it's a
rather good tea bag, only amounts to a modest portion of the total cost.

I've carried tea balls or loose bags on Amtrak trains, into various
restaurants, and into my agency's commissary.

Although I've never done it in a really classy restaurant, which I don't
frequent in any case, I've never had a problem.

And except for a nice little place in Amherst, MA I've almost never been to
a restaurant (other than an actual tea house) which served tea as loose tea.

Warren