Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Might be a helpful link

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:24:51 -0600, "Phyllis Stone"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .

>One can readily purchase after market flatware baskets for
>dishwashers, typically better designed than the originals. However
>I'm completely satisfied with my Maytag... whichever you choose be
>sure to get a dishwasher with a stainless steel liner... plastic
>liners stain, they absorb odors and schtink.
>

>I think I agree with what you said. I had 2 maytags and liked them both but
>because of information from a sale person I decided that Maytag was not as
>good as it had been in the past, so I bought a Whirlpool. Maybe it is just
>because I was more used to the Maytags but I don't think it is as good. The
>plastic stuff on the inside, tabs, adjusters and such just seem
>unsubstantial. It does have all sorts of setting and cleans really well if
>you do the soak and scour setting, which takes 4 hours plus. But for just
>normal settings, the Maytags were the best. The price is about the same
>too.

I don't really put my Maytag through it's paces; I use it about once a
week, it's rarely very full, no pots n' pans, I tend to do a lot of
hand washing. But for me it does what it's supposed to do, always
cleans spotlessly and everything dry when I open the door. It's
called a dishwasher, not a pot washer, and many of my pots are too
big to fit. I don't remember ever using the Pot Scrubber cycle. And
many times if the hot water is up at the sink becaue I'm washing stuff
anyway and I'm in the mood I will take things out of the dishwasher
and wash them by hand... did that this evening, hand washed all the
glassware and dinner plates, only took ten minutes and means I can go
another week before I have to run it. I know, I'm weird. I don't
mind doing any kind of house work, but I absolutely refuse to clean up
after slobs.