Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Might be a helpful link

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 23:27:46 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Cheryl wrote:

>>> I'm sort of looking at this one. The price shown isn't the discounted
>>> price. I picked them because I get a discount through my employer.
>>>
>>> <http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=GLD6964RSS&SITEID= GEA&STOREID=cs0145&AVAILABILITY=true&FROMMAIL=true &CuurentIssue=EXT&BASEURL=https://www.myapstore.com>
>>>

>>> or tinyurl
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/4uuamx8
>>>

>> See if you can look at the silverware holders. The one in my new
>> GE is loathesome.

> One can readily purchase after market flatware baskets for
> dishwashers, typically better designed than the originals. However
> I'm completely satisfied with my Maytag... whichever you choose be
> sure to get a dishwasher with a stainless steel liner... plastic
> liners stain, they absorb odors and schtink.

Yes, the question is whether I can get one that fits in the
allotted area. I need to remind myself of whether that is
complete with prongs, which would complicate things. The GE and
the Bosch at the old house have SS interiors. The Bosch's
interior is noticeably less chintzy than the GE's. If I can get
over the abysmal repair situation, I may switch them.

The cutlery holder is kind-of like the center part of this:

http://midwestapplianceparts.com/images/8562080.jpg

with far fewer holes, more space between the holes, and no ability
to take off the top. IMO, it not only limits the number of things
one can wash, but it also is idiotic to have the things in slots,
with the spoons just hanging there, etc., etc.

--
Jean B.