Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's Dinner

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Sounds similar to our savoury mince (which is in a brown gravy rather than
> tomato sauce). Something we used to eat a lot of back in the day, served
> on toast - eaten with knife and fork. Similar to the meat part of a
> shepherd's pie.

I looked up the recipe. It has been years since I made it from scratch. I
used to use tomato paste. Most recipes also have onion and red or green
bell pepper. Some use ketchup instead of tomato paste. There is usually a
bit of mustard added and maybe brown sugar. I saw one recipe that used BBQ
sauce.

I make the meat in gravy all the time. We usually eat it over mashed
potatoes but sometimes rice or pasta if I have no potatoes. Would be good
on toast too.