Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's Dinner

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> RodS > wrote:
> : On 6/02/2011 11:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> : > When we were at some grocery store the other day, Angela spotted some
> Sloppy
> : > Joe mix in a can. She wanted to try it. She does this every now and
> then,
> : > totally forgetting that she has ever had this food and of course
> totally
> : > forgetting that she didn't like said food. However, I happened to
> remember
> : > the can of Sloppy Joe mix that I had in the house already, purchased
> for
> : > fifty cents at Big Lots some time ago. So I told her I would make
> them.
> : >
> : > I served these on some cute little divided trays that I got many years
> ago
> : > at Walmart in their summer section. The Sloppy Joe is in the large
> section,
> : > carrots in one section, black olives in another and Wavy Lays in
> another.
> : > Actually, Angela declined the Wavy Lays. I gave some to my husband
> but the
> : > section is so small it only holds less than a handful of them.
> : >
> : > So far no complaints from them. All is quiet and they are eating.
> I'll
> : > have to eat mine later. Takes a while for that Carafate to do its
> thing.
> : >
> : >
>

> : For those of us who only eat real food what the hell is a sloppy joe
> : with wavy lays ?
>
> : Is this some new kinky stuff ?
>
> : (- -)
> : =m=(_)=m=
> : RodS T2
> : Australia-
>
> Waavy lays are a kind of potato chip(crisp?) wfrom the Lay's potto chip
> company. sloppy Joes are a kind os wet beef stuff, made with ground beef
> , tomatoes, and other vegetables that usually are served on hamburger buns
> adn kind of run off the bun, hench the sloppy in the ame. iI didn't know
> they came in cans, however, as the one time I made them for my kids I just
> followed a recipe from scratch. My kinds preferred regular hamburgers so
> I didn't bothe with them again.
>
> I hope that helps you. We do, occsionally get oz foods listed by people
> with names we don't know here in the US and sometimes ask for
> explainations of them too.

You can buy the sauce premade in cans. I know it is very easy to make from
scratch. I used to do it when I was a kid. However it is not something
that any of us like all that well. Just once a year or so, one of us will
decide that we want it. And then that one meal is enough for us to know
that we don't want it again for a long time. Heh. I only bought the stuff
in the can because it was 50 cents and I couldn't make it from scratch for
that price! You do have to add your own meat to it. Would be better if you
could buy it all the way pre-made in can like chili and then you could just
heat it through.