Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Tonight's Dinner

RodS > wrote:
: On 6/02/2011 11:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > When we were at some grocery store the other day, Angela spotted some Sloppy
: > Joe mix in a can. She wanted to try it. She does this every now and then,
: > totally forgetting that she has ever had this food and of course totally
: > forgetting that she didn't like said food. However, I happened to remember
: > the can of Sloppy Joe mix that I had in the house already, purchased for
: > fifty cents at Big Lots some time ago. So I told her I would make them.
: >
: > I served these on some cute little divided trays that I got many years ago
: > at Walmart in their summer section. The Sloppy Joe is in the large section,
: > carrots in one section, black olives in another and Wavy Lays in another.
: > Actually, Angela declined the Wavy Lays. I gave some to my husband but the
: > section is so small it only holds less than a handful of them.
: >
: > So far no complaints from them. All is quiet and they are eating. I'll
: > have to eat mine later. Takes a while for that Carafate to do its thing.
: >
: >

: For those of us who only eat real food what the hell is a sloppy joe
: with wavy lays ?

: Is this some new kinky stuff ?

: (- -)
: =m=(_)=m=
: RodS T2
: Australia-

Waavy lays are a kind of potato chip(crisp?) wfrom the Lay's potto chip
company. sloppy Joes are a kind os wet beef stuff, made with ground beef
, tomatoes, and other vegetables that usually are served on hamburger buns
adn kind of run off the bun, hench the sloppy in the ame. iI didn't know
they came in cans, however, as the one time I made them for my kids I just
followed a recipe from scratch. My kinds preferred regular hamburgers so
I didn't bothe with them again.

I hope that helps you. We do, occsionally get oz foods listed by people
with names we don't know here in the US and sometimes ask for
explainations of them too.

Wendy