Ripon

Default How many of us are really drinking pure Drajeeling tea?

Peter Roozemaal > wrote in message >...
> Ripon wrote:
> > Dear tea lovers:
> >

> [...]
> >
> > But my question is-HOW MANY OF US ARE REALLY DRINKING PURE DARJEELING
> > TEA OR PURE NEPALESE TEA?
> >

> I find it a pity that it is just a matter of trust for the tea-buyers in
> Europe (and the US) to get the tea they ask for in the shop. At every
> processing step blending and re-labeling may occur. I trust most of the
> people that are in the tea-business, alas, one can not trust everybody.
>
> One of my favourite teas is a "Tippy Nepal" (alas, not available this
> year). I guess that would have been a pure Nepal. It is a good tea,
> comparable with a Darjeeling of double the price.
> I think Nepal should start branding their tea as "Original Nepal Tea";
> it is worth a brand.
>
> Peter.

Dear Peter:

I agree with you, why Nepal doesn't start their own brand. Well, being
in around this region ( South Asia) I have visited Nepal couple of
times. I have an explanation- Nepal is not so aggressive as much as
they are aggressive in turism business. My last trip in Nepal was a
business trip and I asked the same question to one of my friend who is
involved in wooden craving business. Accoring to him- he thinks,
majority nepalese are coffee drinker because its a cold country. And
they haven't though this aggressive way. As a part of business
community my understanding is- creating a new brand is a tough job.
You need government support and Entrepreneurial aggressivness. They
might have lack on that part.

I have tried Nepalese Fikkal Ellam estate SFTGFOP CL, Kanyam estate
and Shekira estate SFTGFOP CL tea. Never try "Tippy Nepal". Sounds
exotic to me. Does it has a lot of golden tips on it? How is the
taste. Please, I will be very glad you kindly leave a comment on it.
Thank you.

Ripon
(From Bangladesh)