Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Slovenian and Jura wines at 10 Bells

On Jan 10, 9:47*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *DaleW *wrote *on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 06:05:59 -0800 (PST):
>
> >Oswaldo and Marcia were in town, and we arranged to meet them at Ten
> >Bells on the Lower East Side. Betsy had a ziker to attend,

> Pardon my asking but what's a "ziker". I don't think I've ever come
> across the word before.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Ziker (Zikr, Dhikr, Zyker) is a prayer gathering in the Sufi
tradition. In this case people who study the works of Hazrat Inayat
Khan and Pir Vilayat Khan, Readings from various religions, poems,
music. Betsy does Northen Indian classical music as well as Western
classical.