Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gareth Fimlinson Gareth Fimlinson is offline

Default A cooking pot that doesn't absorb the smell of fish when cooking fish?

I have some pots/pans that when I cook fish in them, salmon fillets,
they smell of it afterwards, and seem to absorb it. If I boil plain
water in them then the sides get misted up with fishy stuff, and I can
wash it off then boil it again e.t.c.

I am looking for a cooking pot where that doesn't happen.

Does anybody know
a)why it happens with the pots I have.. what those pots might be made
from that causes it?

b)what pots I could get where that wouldn't happen?

The pots I have I don't know much about them but they're black inside,
so that may say something about the material what it is or isn't..

I am wondering if maybe a metallic one won't have the problem.. but I
don't know.

If they were cheap like < £15 then I might buy one and find out.. but
i'm not sure where.. I am currently in the UK, I see
http://www.johnlewis.com/231034624/Product.aspx £35
but I don't want to throw money at that and find it keeps the fish
smell..