Posted to rec.food.cooking
blacksalt blacksalt is offline

Default What is the name of this cooking technique?

On 12/31/10 1:17 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:

> Where have you been, Blacksalt? It's been a long time since I've seen
> you on rfc.

I moved closer to work and lost USENET access, and was horrendously busy
with commuting (before I moved), moving (when I moved), getting a house
on the market, working, and (my part-time, unpaid p.m. job)
homeschooling. I love homeschooing, but at kiddo's age, it is a full
three hours/7days for me, either sitdown work, researching, or
self-educating to be prepared. But, I can now diagram a sentence, add
long columns of numbers in my head, and speak intelligently on Oliver
Cromwell.
Now I'm studying for the Board re-cert, so I have committed my self to
12 or 13 hours most days of work, schooling, study. It takes the sting
out of death.

> This technique is more of a stir-fry than a braise to me. When you
> braise something, you don't boil off the liquid.

In stir fry, I might add a little liquid to keep it from sticking, but
not enough for a good 2 minutes of simmering to soften the chunks of
carrot, etc.
blacksalt