Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default New Year's menu?

On 12/30/2010 5:40 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article<wvmdnYcLLfylgYHQnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@earthlink .com>,
> > wrote:

>>> m...
>>>
>>> I don't think my mother every made sauerkraut. Hmmm...
>>>

>> My Mother's Father was from Germany, and my husband's family is Pennsylvania
>> Dutch...it's mandatory to have Pork and sauerkraut for New Years...LOL

> I didn't know about this tradition, but I find that I like to eat the
> way Germans reputedly eat. Give me pork and cabbage any day!
>
> However, I'll be working on the turkey carcass until I go back to work
> on Monday, so it'll probably be tetrazzini (sans pasta) or turkey and
> mushrooms in leftover gravy or the like. I think Saturday will be when
> I make the soup.
>
> PP, up to her elbows in turkey

hmmm, Turkey broth, Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe, add some
crispy bacon (the fat goes into the turkey broth)

oh, i think i have an idea here............ can anyone else taste it??
never ask me for a recipe, i go looking for 3 or 4 recipes and sorta mix
them together......... when i drool, i know i have a good idea

oh, and garlic and tomatoes and and ............ time to clean out the
fridge and check the cold room for what we have grown 100% organically
during the summer (now to get hubby to set a ledge for herbs 365/yr )