Posted to rec.food.cooking
ravenlynne[_5_] ravenlynne[_5_] is offline

Default New Year's Eve Menu

On 12/28/2010 6:51 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> This is what I'm planning to make:
>
> roasted vegetable dip[1] with artisanal bread
>
> white bean and cabbage soup
>
> aligot (cheesy-stretchy mashed potatoes)
> stuffed red peppers[2]
> slow-roasted onions[3]
> apple lambic
>
> Blue d'Auvergne trifle with pear relish[4]
>
> shortbread with orange marmalade
> Dolce
>
> Bob
> [1] Roasted red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and zucchini blended with
> olive oil, thyme, cream cheese, salt, and pepper
> [2] There was no pork shoulder at the farmers' market today, but there
> was some gorgeous lamb, so the stuffing will be lamb loin and bacon
> ground together with garlic and rosemary-infused red wine vinegar,
> seasoned with salt and pepper, then mixed with bread crumbs.
> [3]
> http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/s...icorice-powder
>
> [4] This is adapted from _The French Laundry_. In that book, it's a
> Roquefort mousse with pear puree, a sweet/savory pear relish, and a
> walnut dacquoise (meringue cookie). I'm using Bleu d'Auvergne instead of
> Roquefort, and I'm making a pecan streusel instead of the dacquoise.

Sounds delish. I haven't yet decided what I'm doing...I suppose I
should. I usually just do appetizer-type stuff, but as we won't be
doing new years day dinner (going ice skating in St. Augustine) I may do
dinner. Maybe a ham....

--
Happy Holidays!!!