Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_25_] Sqwertz[_25_] is offline

Default Ok this sucks

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 23:54:39 -0500, Lil Abner wrote:

> On 12/24/2010 11:04 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> Christmas eve, and no real time to do anything about this. I just lost a > crown on one of my teeth. How do these things fall off?
>>
>> I have a dentist appt on Monday for ortho so I might have to wait until
>> then. I can already feel the cold breath on the exposed tooth. shit.

> If you have the crown clean and dry the tooth and have someone help you
> push it back on. Monday the Dentist can clean and reglue it or do
> whatever is necceaary. Just a thought. No expertise involved.
> Merry Christmas.

Don't put it back in. You might swallow it while eating. While it
will survive the stomach-intestinal route, and unless you're
*really* desperate, you'd have to get refitted/remade which would
cost a lot more.

I've swallowed a temp cap. I don't know exactly when, but I
noticed it was missing right as I was finishing dinner. The
dentist says it happens "more than you'd think".

Just chew on the other side of your mouth.

-sw