Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] pltrgyst@xhost.org is offline

Default HELP!!! BAD coffee from a drip machine

Another thing that helps even the cheapest drip machines make decent
coffee is to preheat the water to 100 deg. F or a little more, e.g.,
using a microwave oven.

My wife and I buy around 20 cheap 10- or 12-cup coffee makers each
year when we travel. We buy them at the nearest drug store, and leave
them behind in the hotel when we depart.

By making sure they use conical filters (*not* flat-bottom baskets, a
la Mr. Coffee), using our own ground coffee, and pre-heating bottled
water, we always have excellent morning coffee.

-- Larry