Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Eggnog, again

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:55:44 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:05:56 -0800, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:26:21 -0800, sf > wrote:
> >
> >>but I like bourbon in my
> >>hot toddy.

> >How do you make a hot toddy? I still have some bourbon.

> I'm interested to hear how SF does hers-- but I put an ounce or two of
> bourbon in a tall cup- squeeze 1/4 of a lemon into it- dump in some
> honey [a tbl or 2]- fill the cup with hot water. [180degrees or so]
> and stir with a cinnamon stick.
>
> Jim

I don't have a from scratch "recipe". I use "lots of bourbon", a
couple of teaspoon or two of commercial Tom & Jerry batter, half a
teaspoon of instant coffee and fill the remaining space in a large mug
up to the top with hot water. Too sweet for some, but just right for
me.

> [When I'm feeling 'rummy', I'll make a Hot Buttered Rum with some
> Myers dark rum, a dollop of butter and hot water. If I feel spicey
> I'll stir that with a cinnamon stick, too]

That's good too and easier to make from scratch.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.