Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default looking for a stollen recipes

On Dec 8, 9:50*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. *Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. *The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. *The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. *Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

I'm making only one comment: I don't understand the taste buds of
people who think Pillsbury bazooka breads of all kinds don't have an
odd/funny taste. This includes crescent rolls.

N.