Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Default looking for a stollen recipes

20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:49 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Default oopss;;; was: looking for a stollen recipes

"l, not -l" wrote in message
Oops, my bad. I had two recipes for stollen, one from Pillbury and
another
that called for crescent rolls; I misremembered which was which. Here's
the
one using crescent rolls:
Stollen
1 (8-count) package refrigerated crescent rolls
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg
1 tablespoon flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Arrange rolls in a flat rectangle on a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet. Push
seams together so that cheese mixture will not run through to pan. Mix
remaining ingredients until smooth. Spread over crescent rolls, pushing
cheese almost to edges. Fold comers over mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Cheese will rise a
little then fall. Drizzle with a glaze of confectioners' sugar and milk
while still a little warm. Cool and serve.

--
Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

If you have dietary issues that make nutrition information very important
to you, please calculate your own; the nutrition information supplied with
this recipe is approximate and should NOT be used by those for whom the
information is critical.

I think this 'might' be it (fingers crossed). But if there are any others,
please feel free to send them on as well.
-g

Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

On Dec 8, 9:50*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. *Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. *The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. *The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. *Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

I'm making only one comment: I don't understand the taste buds of
people who think Pillsbury bazooka breads of all kinds don't have an
odd/funny taste. This includes crescent rolls.

N.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Was the theft reported to the police. Maybe check with
known fences in your area. My sympathies. ;-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote in message
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Have a wee look here! I don't see why you couldn't use prepared dough!

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7/christmas-stollen.aspx

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

On Dec 8, 7:50*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. *Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. *The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. *The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. *Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Was it really really rich?

The German one we just bought is 952 calories a serving. So I've been
slicing it pretty thin.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

On 08/12/2010 1:09 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
Was the theft reported to the police. Maybe check with
known fences in your area. My sympathies. ;-)

Wouldn't you have report the stollen recipe to the pollice?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

In article ,
"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:

20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Ginny I Googled crescent roll stollen and got a bunch of hits. Did
you do a search?

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:

[...]

I did search, but none of them looked 'quite right' if you know what I
mean....
-ginny

Old 27-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] View Post
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.
I don't know about the recipe you are talking about,maybe you are looking for something emotional on the food,some times the feeliings are gone forever.
Old 29-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Member

Check out such jobs at aerocareer.com .You can register there for free and get to surf more job opportunities

looking for a stollen recipes Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] General Cooking 24 11-12-2010 07:38 PM
Stollen Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 31 22-02-2008 08:19 PM
Stollen Donald Kleist Recipes (moderated) 0 20-12-2007 02:25 AM
Stollen maxine in ri General Cooking 0 14-12-2007 07:26 PM
Stollen maxine in ri General Cooking 0 14-12-2007 07:22 PM