Posted to rec.food.equipment
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default dream kitchen

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Storrmmee > wrote:
>Don Wiss wrote in message
>> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:17:07 -0500, wrote:

>>>4. Tons of granite counter space.

>> I've worked on granite. I've worked on Corian. I'll take Glacier White
>> Corian and I don't care if it doesn't impress the neighbors.

>why do you prefer the other counter top over the granite? Lee

With white Corian I can see where any dirt is. With the dark red granite I
have now I can't see anything.

White Corian and white subway tile backsplashes with undercabinet lighting
creates a bright glowing area to work on.

Granite is hard. You have to gently put down glass items. Simply putting
down metal cutlery make a jangle.

Granite edges chip, especially in front of the dishwasher where it gets hit
when putting things in.

Most granites require sealing. People claim it isn't hard to do. But why
have another chore that must be periodically done? I once had a granite
floor in a kitchen. It was not sealed. If any oil spilled on the floor a
permanent oil spot appeared. I left that place 15 years ago. I bet that
floor has many spots now.

I prefer dark wood cabinets. A dark granite would make everything in the
room dark.

I agree with the suggestion of having something else alongside the range
top. I had been thinking of white Silestone. Maybe stainless steel is
better.

Don <http://paleofood.com/kitchen-equipment.htm> (e-mail at page bottom).