Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default The only decent microwaves are....

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:47:45 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 5:33*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> > > What did you think I'd object to? *(assuming you were referring to me)

> > You approve of Stouffers frozen lasagna? *You're pretty
> > inconsistent. *Some of us just assume you hate everything.

> I was just contemplating buying a few later this week. One store has
> the 20oz. size @ 3/$5. I don't call heating one in the microwave or
> oven "cooking." I've probably only bought them a few times over the
> past several years, but that's a heckuva deal. The small size and the
> large size are both 3/$5. That's a lot of food for $1.67. They also
> have Chilli Man Lean Beef variety for $.88, also a good deal.
> Do you equate frozen dinners with throwing together a hodgepodge of
> condensed soup, condiments and the like? Of course you don't.
> Stouffer's lasagna is a damned sight better than most of the casserole
> recipes I've seen posted on this NG.

I used to like Stouffer's vegetable lasagna, but I haven't bought it
in years so I don't know what I'd think of it now. I always added
extra garlic and some parmesan because it didn't have enough "oomph"
for me. Other than that, it was delicious. I don't even remember it
being too salty. I buy the spinach souffle once in a while to use as
a mushroom stuffing, but I can't eat it straight anymore because it's
too salty for my taste.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.