Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default The only decent microwaves are....

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:45:40 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

>Stu wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:29:46 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
>> > wrote:

>> >http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...rter_story.asp

>> >--Bryan

>> That's the same one we have, quick defrost 1200W.

>The inverter models are seemingly kind of nice, however based on a long
>history of having nothing but problems with all things matsuSHITa
>(a.k.a. panasonic), I would never buy one.
>
>My Sharp carousel unit performs well and evenly, not sure why Sqwertz's
>unit didn't heat evenly. As for the "paddle based" microwaves, that is
>nothing new or fancy, "paddles" or "stirrers" have been used since
>nearly the beginning of microwave ovens to more evenly distribute the
>microwaves by providing variable deflection of the beam from the
>magnetron. This was the norm long before the turntables started to
>appear. I think many turntable microwaves also have stirrers for more
>even distribution.

My GE nuker has no turntable and heats evenly. I don't like the ones
with turntables because they seriously limit the cookware you can use.
I think a lot of folks have a problem with even heating because they
heat everything on high.