Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jen P. Jen P. is offline

Default Recipe - Seems the season for apple cakes

On 22/10/2010 21:54, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> On 2010-10-22, Melba's > wrote:
>>
>>> is very stiff. Press into greased and floured 9² round baking pan.

<snip>
> Whatchoosayin'? Is 9" (inches), not 9 squared. How'd you get 9
> squared out of that, nb?
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller - it's all there.

I see it as 9 squared, too. I wonder if you pasted it with curly quotes
instead of straight ones? Sometimes makes a difference for those of us
not using PCs. I often have trouble with the Windows fraction
characters on my Macs, but I do have a cheatsheet made up for those now.

Loved the look of that apple cake, by the way - I've been looking for a
good, tried and tested, recipe for a couple of years now. Thanks very
much for sharing it!

Jen