Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default I just learned a great cooking trick

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Ozgirl > wrote:
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > : I eat sweet potato skins and pumpkin skins too. I never peel ginger.
> : > I
> : > : bought a novelty grater once, it is a mini grater, looks just like
> : > the
> : > : large ones (the pyramid style with a handle on top) but fabulous for
> : > : garlic and ginger. Its about 2 inches high. Because the grating
> : > holes
> : > : are much smaller it is ideal for finely grated small things. Not
> : > : suitable for cheese (except the hard, dried out style cheeses) as
> : > the
> : > : holes are way too small.
> : >
> : > AHA! Now we know he secret of how you managed to get thin enough etc
> : > be able to eat so much less diabetically:-) All that indigestible
> : > fiber(fibre) is what is doing that:-)
> : >
>
> : lol My family leave their skins on their plate and I dutifully eat
> : theirs
> Better than pysillium(sp?) husks! I used to love it when my kids were
> small and only ate the inside of a baked potato.
>
> Wendy

I still only eat the inside, because I read somewhere that there are lots of
pesticides on the skins, even if you scrub them very well (which I do). I
used to eat the skins before that, but only when they have been baked in the
real oven. Nowadays I mostly just microwave the potatoes to get baked
potatoes. They taste wonderful that way, too.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa