Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled Peas View Post
On 10/05/2010 11:53 AM, Doug Freyburger wrote:

We had leftover, Chinese-restaurant supplied, 4-day old white rice in
the cardboard container it came in in the 'frig when I looked in there
today.

Huevos Sucios
(Dirty Eggs)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup leftover cooked rice, heated to serving temperature
1 or 2 eggs, cooked any style
4 tsp. mole sauce
tortillas, warmed
black beans, heated (optional)

Directions:
Make mole. Heat rice, if necessary. Cook eggs.

Make a bed of cooked rice. Place eggs on top. Cover completely with mole
sauce.

Serve with a side of black beans and warm tortillas.

Yes!! Too many gringos haven't yet discovered the beauty that is rice with eggs.

I also do some variations of this (thai sweet chili sauce, and the like). Rice sups up egg yolk nicely.

I prefer not to throw away food, either. If you're wealthy and have no kids, I guess. But, those of us who have been raised not to waste food and are living on budgets (and don't see animals as equal to humans) have to consume it while it's good.

I just hate unspiced white rice. I always perfer rice to be infused with some flavors.