Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with leftover white rice

http://www.yourcityride.com)
>>> Message origin: TRAVEL.com

>> ==
>> Better yet...left-over white rice, a dash of salt, some heavy cream,
>> sugar and cinnamon, mix and serve either cold or warmed. Delicious
>> rice pudding. Yummy.
>> ==

> I generally heat up some olive oil, throw in the rice, some frozen
> onion, some mixed vegetables, some crumbled up Jimmy Dean hot sausage,
> and some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, and when it's just about
> done, toss in an egg and scramble in the pan. Voila--breakfast.

That's basically the same approach I took, I think - a bit of meat, a
bit of seasoning, and you're good to go. I've done it with the egg
before and liked that, just forgot about that this time.

-S-