Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with leftover white rice

James Silverton wrote:
> Steve wrote on Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:42:30 -0400:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

> May I ask a probably OT question? Bragg's Liquid Aminos was mentioned
> and I wonder why anyone would have it around? I've seen it in Fresh
> Fields and our local foood-nut coop but I can't see any advantage over
> regular soy sauce (shoyu), of which I keep 4 varieties: regular,
> light-colored, black and thin. I even have Ponzu (soy sauce with
> citrus juice).

I couldn't really tell you - it's what we've used for soy sauce for a
long time, either that or Dr. Bronner's - I think we started with the
latter close to 30 years ago. Maybe it's got less salt? I really don't
know, but somewhere along the way, we either decided it tasted better,
was better for us, or both.

Certainly not OT, either.

-S-