Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MEAT GRINDERS

On 9/14/2010 6:54 AM, George Shirley wrote:
> On 9/13/2010 9:05 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Brookilyn1" wrote in message
>>> http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/627
>>>

>> "This 3-hole plate is used to make large chunks of meat such as stew
>> meat or chum"
>>
>> Um.. in UK Chum is dog food)
>>

> On the US Gulf coast chum is fish bait, grind up fish, throw the mess in
> the water to "chum" up some good fish.

Uh huh. When I go out on the fishing boats in the Gulf, the captain
might chum if there aren't any fish biting. Usually, he can find them
pretty well on the electronic fish finder and they are ready to eat our
bait so we don't need to chum. It's not a practice I have seen a lot of,
but I have seen it. It kind of seems a little unsportsman like to me.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas