Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Using a food processor to grind meat.

Handy Gandy wrote:
> I was watch America's Test Kitchen a few days, and they were using a
> food processor to grind meat. Cut into small pieces, freeze the meat,
> dump in the processor.
>
> I mentioned this to a friend saying " I thought you couldn't do that.
> That you needed a grinder specially made for it."
>
> He told me that they were using a fancy high end processor. Looked
> like a vanilla processor ro me. Is it possible?

I saw Alton Brown use a food processor to grind meat once.
I think he gave it exactly 10 pulses to get the grind he wanted.
Maybe you could find his method online somewhere. Wait,
he

http://preview.tinyurl.com/b8b4aw

nancy