Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] pltrgyst@xhost.org is offline

Default MEAT GRINDERS

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:33:14 -0700 (PDT), Kris >
wrote:

>Always wondered if the grinder attachment for the Kitchenaid was as
>good - less space needed for storage.

I have one, and it does fine for things like hamburger and meat loaf.

The problem for me was that I wanted a much coarser grind for chili,
and the Kitchen Aid attachment doesn't take standard sized plates and
blades.

So I bought a Maverick grinder that takes standard #8 plates from
Pleasant Hill Grain
(http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mav...ers_food.aspx).

I've also found a blade with only two blade arms; along with a plate
with half-inch holes, it cranks out a nice coarse grind, 12 pounds at
a time, for my home poker game.

I highly recommend the Maverick. IMO, it's the best you can get under
$150.

-- Larry