donovan10

Default A Rant

Although not a newbie to wine, I am a newbie to this group but couldn't
resist so please bear with me.

Enjoyed a lovely homecooked meal of spicy Thai shrimp (don't mistake spicy
for hot) on Sunday. Served a Hugel Gewerztraminer 2000, Tradition Hugel.
Had everything you would expect from a well made Gewerz except it was 13%
alcohol.

I am sufficiently familiar with the technical reasons for higher alcohol
content (had hoped we could limit it to California Zin but alas...) but
Alsace doesn't fit.

I live in hope that German rieslings and Alsatian Geverz will return to the
lower alcohol levels that made their wines so enjoyable.

Ken Donovan