Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Old appliances still going strong.......

On Aug 21, 9:59*pm, phaeton > wrote:
> Not food related, but a year ago or so I picked up a 1956 Hammond
> model M3 tonewheel organ. *If y'all want pics i've got em, but I'm
> here to tell you that it's as beautiful to look at and listen to today
> as it was before Sputnik ever cast its menacing shadow across the
> U.S.
>
> I fired her up yesterday and played stuff that my girlfriend refers to
> as "funeral music". *It's great!

When we were kids, my dad brought one home with a Leslie speaker.
Sounded really fabulous when the speaker got going. It also came with
a chikaboom machine that was fully five feet tall.

(The backstory: The wife of a friend of my dad's ran off with her
chiropractor. She had worked weekends as a lounge act -- the organ,
the Leslie, and the rhythm machine -- but had abandoned her career for
her true love. My dad's friend wanted all that junk out of his living
room.)