Anders Tørneskog

Default Schaefer Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett w/ham

"Dale Williams" > skrev i melding
> ...2002 Willi Schaefer Graacher Himmelreich
> Riesling Kabinett (Mosel-Saar-Ruwer).
> ....very tasty, if the
> bottom of his line is like that what are the more expensive offerings

like? A-
> on my easy scale.

According to Wein-Plus in Germany that was a 85 point wine (which by their
scale is Excellent). fine value at 7.60Euros.
However, his ratings have dropped lately, I've seen. Maybe somewhat
overextended operations - but I've not talked with him for a couple of
years...
His Graacher Domprobst Auslese 1992 (Auction wine) is one of the very best
I've ever had... a stupendously concentrated wine in every respect with a
zippy acidity to boot, you'd want to sip and weep, weep and sip again...
:-) Anders