Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Old appliances still going strong.......

On 8/20/2010 1:37 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Aug 20, 7:40 am, >
> wrote:
>> http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifest...lugging-along-...
>> a-chord/story-e6frer4f-1225907952460
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/26gct23
>>

> The Hamilton clothes dryer my grandparents bought in the early 50s was
> still going strong almost a half-century later. One of the first
> commercially available models, it only needed a new V-belt every so
> often.

I had a Hamilton gas dryer that I got in the early 70's and it lasted
until the late 80's when it caught on fire. The belt was a royal PITA
to replace. You had to remove the entire drum to do it.

As a single mom on a tight budget, I did that job myself. It took both
hands and both feet to hold up the drum so that I could get the belt
around it. You just have to picture a 110 pound 5'2" woman doing this
to know why I'm smiling now.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas