Posted to rec.food.cooking
PL[_5_] PL[_5_] is offline

Default Egg and nut free desserts.

Nancy2 > wrote in news:7707a2ed-a6f0-4a96-b2a3-
:

> On Jul 29, 5:21*am, PL > wrote:
>> Just go a call from #1 daughter. She's having a dinner party on Sat

night
>> (and didn't invite us!!), and one of her gf's is bringing her new bf

who
>> is egg and nut allergic.
>>
>> So consequently, I've been nutting (nyuk, nyuk!!) over some recipe

sites
>> and found some quite interesting dessert recipes.... some of which I

may
>> just try myself!!
>>

> Many recipes have nuts as an optional ingredient, and in many recipes,
> you can just leave the nuts out. Not if it's a ground-nut-based pie
> crust or something like that where nuts are the main ingredient, but
> nearly anything else. I make "pecan rolls" without pecans, and they
> are always a big hit with friends and family - all that butter and
> brown sugar, you know. ;-)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, brown sugar and butter, Mmmmmmmmmmm :-)

But unfortunately, for the person in question, the 'pecanless roll' would
have eggs in it, wouldn't it?

When #1 first asked for my help, I must admit I had a few thoughts of
"This guy is a ****** who just wants to make a scene and feel 'special'".
I thought it was being rather 'specific' to say "I'm allergic to eggs and
nuts"..... but no, there's reams and reams of recipes out there because it
seems *many* people have the same specific allergy.

And then you have the gluten free people, and the vegans..........

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.